- I shot my brand new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 38 at the range on Saturday, March 5th to qualify for a CCW addon with it.
- On Tuesday, March 7th, I dropped the paperwork for it and for my name change since I recently married in the mail, addressed to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Department. Of course, I included the $15 fee.
- According to the date on the paperwork I later received, my new permit was issued Friday, March 11th.
- On Tuesday, March 15th, my check cleared my bank.
- The Sheriff’s Office printed the postage on the envelope containing my new permit on Wednesday, March 23rd.
- I received my new CCW permit on Thursday, March 24th.
We’re looking at 14 business day turn-around-time, including the mail time. Although, as indicated by the postmark and receipt date of the new permit, the mail around here takes about a day for in-town mail. The bulk of the wait time was spent at the Sheriff’s Office.
Now for the bad news…
They screwed up my permit. Royally.
According to the Sheriff’s Office my middle name is “Marie.” Wrong! Also, they didn’t even addon the addon. Duh! I left a voicemail for Lisa Lane, the woman who processes all things CCW, asking her what to do to get this fixed. I’m hoping I don’t have to come into their office because I’d have to take off of work to do that and because waiting there is WORSE than waiting at the DMV. But if that’s what I have to do, I’ll do it! I’ll keep ya’ll posted.